2011-01-03

Ugly Ducklings

When I watched the E! document about Adam he managed to say something that shifted tectonic plates inside me. :) He said: “I was afraid of my own success.” I know exactly what he means. And it changed me. How silly is that?

He knows how it feels to be different, how it feels to be the ugly duckling of your own life. And that is why he affects people so much. I’ve read countless of stories about people who’ve done something because of Adam, who’ve found the strength to change their lives because of him. I find it beautiful.

It’s also strange. We affect each other, we people. And the more people listen to us, the more we can do. He’s not a spokesperson of anything, but because of the way he is, the way he cares, he often is anyway. Can’t help it, this one. :)

The funniest thing about knowing what it’s like to be a freak? You appreciate everything you get. It’s like a rollercoaster ride you never want to leave because: whoa, life can be this good, too? So yeah, I think Adam’s influence is huge. And I’m glad I’m here to see where he goes from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment