2010-12-20

The Era of Twitter

I finally created a Twitter account, and I’m kind of loving that world. I love the fact that stars can share what they want to share. Especially since Adam’s Glamily is very sharing and giving. I hope that this will mean paparazzi cease to exist. I don’t want to see pictures of Adam being annoyed and withdrawn. I want to see those goofy, lovely, beautiful pictures Isaac takes - or someone else who’s close to Adam. I want to see him smile. I want to see his eyes unguarded and lovely. Or sultry… whatever. But I want something real, and something he’s comfortable with. I’m not interested in every second of his every day. I don’t want anyone following him. I want him to give what he wants, when he wants. And he’s one open [insert a curse-word here].

So yes, I’m hoping Twitter, Youtube, blogs etc. will make paparazzi useless. I hope we’re closer to this change than ever before... Just because I want Adam to be able to live a normal life, to date whom ever he chooses without people following him around. I want him to be safe and happy. I don’t think he should pay this price just because he can sing and loves to perform and draws people near. I’ve actually never understood why people want to put this price-tag on fame. I know there are people who don’t deserve to be famous. Maybe that’s why people feel it’s okay for people to lose their right to privacy. I don’t know.

Sometimes I wonder how I would feel if I was famous. I feel very uncomfortable if people admire me. It’s easier if they admire something I do, but even then it’s mostly just uncomfortable. If people followed me around or thought I was something superspecial just because I do something in the spotlight… Yeah, not really my thing. But I’ve thought about paparazzi, and how I would treat them. :) Yes, I’m silly that way. I think a lot. But I would do what Drew Barrymore did (does). If they camped outside my house I’d give them milk and cookies. Because that’s just how I roll. I can’t help it.

What I wish for Adam? Lots and lots of days that feel normal and good while he makes the most beautiful music ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment